Re: [NTLK] A quiet observation

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 09:28:37 EST

on 01/11/02 06:36, Mike O'Brien at obrien_at_leonardo.net wrote:

> The Newton development environment, NTK, won't run under Classic
> with OS X because it tries to grab a serial port, and these don't exist
> under OS X.

BZZZZZZZ! Wrong! ;-)

I've got it running without any problem on my PowerBook G3 running 10.2.1.
You know, serial ports don't always corresponds to a physical port... So,
installing the extension TCPSerial in Classic will make NTK happy and you
can then pick Ethernet in the prefs, and everything will be well...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows, misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly abbreviated BSOD.)