Re: [NTLK] NewtSync v0.1r Changes/Deletes

From: John Anderson (dearjohn_at_everchanging.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 11:04:02 EST

I may end up handling name changes the same way I'm going to handle
Dates being moved. Meetings have no unique identifier except for
perhaps their time. But, of course, appointments get rescheduled all
the time. So I think it's important to match the records up the first
time, and then cache the matches on the Mac. In other words, a big
table comparing unique IDs. Then, when an appointment is moved it's no
big deal.

As for names... I didn't really consider it a priority; how often does
someone's name change?

When it comes to deleting records, I think I want to provide some sort
of confirmation dialog, if I do it. Automatically deleting records
seems like a dangerous path to go down.

John Anderson
everchanging

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html