Re: [NTLK] Weird Printing Problem-Help!

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 15:15:57 EST

At 02:35 PM 11/1/2002 -0500, Bungalow930_at_aol.comwrote:

>My recently-purchased 2000 is acting weirdly. I tried to print on an HP
>2100M using IrDa (yes, I did read the previously-posted thread about
>this---apparently it's possible) and it initially connects, starts
>beaming---then locks up---it will blink for over 2, 3 minutes and not
>print, which seems way too long on a 1-card file.

I think you need to make sure the "HP IRDA Printers" package is installed.

 From the Read Me:

IrDA Printing Enhancement ReadMe What Newton devices support this
enhancement? This enhancement is supported by the MessagePad 2000 and the
eMate 300. What does this enhancement do? This enhancement produces a
significant increase in the speed of IrDA printing to Newton-compatible
IrDA printers. What are the Newton-compatible IrDA printers? The printers
which support this software enhancement are the HP DeskJet 340, HP LaserJet
5MP and HP LaserJet 6MP.

Pick it up at http://www.unna.org/unna/drivers/printer/HP-IrDA/

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Bond Shepherd
jbond_at_jameswhale.com

Americans practice different faiths in churches, synagogues, mosques and temples. And many good people practice no faith at all. - George W. Bush, finally gets it right in his Easter Address of 2002 My PGP key is available on public keyservers.