Re: [NTLK] A quiet observation

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 16:23:25 EST

On 01/11/02 15:43, "Rolf Brakvatne" <rbrak29_at_qwest.net> wrote:

> I am confused. Are you saying that this extension will mimic a serial
> port and would send info out to a TCP port i.e modem, ethernet.
> Would this work for Pocket Quicken in Classic? PQ requires a serial
> connection for transfer, so I cannot use it in Classic and must do all
> the uploading in 9.2.

Possible. I've never used it for anything else beside having NTK to shut up
about the serial port ;-)

I think I kinda remember that it was showing in the TCP/IP control panel,
but I'm not sure. I would imagine that it could be use, indeed, to send
serial stuff over a TCP/IP port.

-Laurent.

guru meditation n.: Amiga equivalent of `panic' in Unix (sometimes just
called a `guru' or `guru event'). When the system crashes, a cryptic message
of the form "GURU MEDITATION #XXXXXXXX.YYYYYYYY" may appear, indicating what
the problem was. An Amiga guru can figure things out from the numbers.
Sometimes a guru event must be followed by a Vulcan nerve pinch.