[NTLK] Re - Problem with Pretec Card

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 17:18:42 EST

>I recently received a 16 MB Pretec Flash Card FAD016-P. When I insert it in
>my 2100 I get:
>
>There is a problem with this card. (Newton cannot recognize this type of
>card).

Some guy recently reported that he was able to format a card that behaved somewhat
similar in a Newton 110 and use it in other Newtons afterwards. But, as Paul
already said, you'd probably be tempting fate if you put important date on it.
But for books and stuff like that it might be worth trying.

Frank

-- Newton Hardware and Software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html