Re: [NTLK] Simpletech PC Card Flash Storage-ATTN PAUL GUYOT-HELP!

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 18:09:19 EST

On Friday 01 November 2002 23:14, Katarina Gubler wrote:
> Any ideas Paul?
> Laurent Daudelin <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com> wrote:
>
> On 01/11/02 16:28, "Katarina Gubler" wrote:
> > I have the opportunity to pick up a few, like 4 of these cards:
> >
> > 32MB Flash Card ATA Type I PCMCIA
> >
> > Any idea if they will work in a Newton or not?
>
> They should work with the ATA driver but only Paul Guyot, who wrote the
> driver, could tell you whether this specific card would work or not...

It's actually quite easy to find out if the cards will work, provided of
course that you have physical access to them. Just download the demo
driver from Paul's site and follow the instructions.

But, like I said, physical access is the key...

--
Jazz.

Vyvyan: "I must be hallucinating! What's a good thing for a hangover?" Mike: "Drinking heavily the night before." (the Young Ones - episode 'Time')