Re: [NTLK] Expiration of nsync

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 19:21:34 EST

John Anderson <dearjohn_at_everchanging.com> wrote:

> 25.
>
> I expect more sales as the TCP/IP and iCal syncs are released, and
I'm
> sure I'll see a jump when I put some sort of nagware or restriction
in
> the software. I'll probably do this with the TCP/IP version,
actually.
> I'm open to suggestions, but I'm thinking that I'll only sync the
first
> 10 items until it's paid-for.

I recently had a traumatic experience faxing four pages for a job
($1.25 a page?!?), and downloaded ValueFax, a shareware fax program I
used years ago.

ValueFax works 20 times, with no restrictions. After you've used it
20 times, it quits working, and reminds you to pay for it (never
reached this limit).

I suggest a similar method for NewtSynch -- but make sure that as the
user gets closer to the final warning, s/he gets a reminder ...!

--gdw

> John Anderson

P.S.:

I still like the name 'Synchronicity,' if that makes any difference ...

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html