Re: [NTLK] Importing RTF file to NewtonWorks

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 02:41:25 EST

on 02/11/02 02:27, Michael Blazer at m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca wrote:

> on 2002/11/01 12:25 AM, Laurent Daudelin at laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net
> wrote:
>
>> on 01/11/02 00:11, Michael Blazer at m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca wrote:
>> [snip!]
>>> Any tips on stabilizing the ethernet connection under Classic (on a TiBook
>>> 500)? Various functions like import, backup and install are choking (timing
>>> out?) on large files -- I never had these problems when I used OS8.6 on an
>>> old PPC7200. (which I would still use for Newting if my 7200's hard drive
>>> hadn't croaked.)
>>
>> None that I'm aware of. What kind of network topology do you have?
>>
>> -Laurent.
>
> PowerBook and Newton are both hanging off a 4-port 10-BT hub. The uplink
> goes downstairs to a 4-port 10/100-BT switch/router. But ... things seem to
> be working much better now. I've just imported several large RTF docs into
> Newton Works from the Mac and last night's troubles are gone. I haven't
> changed anything, but I guess the planets are aligned differently.
>
> Wish I could figure out what was messing it up before so I could help the
> next person.

Sometimes, when I have connection problems and must reset my DSL modem, I
have to turn off both my router/gateway and my switch as they seem to get
"stuck" somewhere...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows, misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly abbreviated BSOD.)