[NTLK] Post IRDA transfer, 2100 acting strange

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 04:14:26 EST

Jeff Abbott <jabbott_at_ninewire.net> wrote:

> Hi folks:
>
> I tried to find an answer to this DIL question on the archive,
without
> success. Any guidance is appreciated as I am not a Newton
sophisticate.

(Sad story about IRDA xfers and duplicate packages *snipped*)

Bearing in mind that I'm new to this stuff, I'll take a swing at it.

Have you tried a soft reset? That will probably do the trick. I
suspect what's going on is your Newt is still trying to talk to your
laptop. If so, the soft reset will kill the connection (had some
wonky behavior with my 120 after a regular transfer).

That said, when you want to end a session, cancel things on the Newton
side. Lots less hassel.

When your system's a bit more stable, try clicking the 'Overview'
button, locating the duplicated packages, clicking the checkbox(es),
and using the routing icon to delete the dupes.

Good luck .....

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html