Re: [NTLK] Stuck PC Card

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 12:21:26 EST

I found that if you take some clear packing tape and
create a "tab" (put the tape on the bottom of the
card, extend it about an inch off the end <not the end
you plug in, the other end>, fold the tape ontop of
it's self and then tape the top of the card) you can
then use that to pull the card out when you want. If
you have a battery powered card, you will need to
modify this somewhat. When the card is inserted in the
Newt, you can fold this tab over an shove it ontop of
the ard inside the slot so that the tab doesnt' stick
out. It works well and does the job. I've used this
method for years on my AT&T EO-440
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Gerstein, Sam wrote:
>
> > The push button is merely a mechanical device- the
> Newton doesn't know the
> > difference between your using that and getting a
> grip on it with tweezers,
> > getting an exacto knife under some little lip,
> etc. The best method for
> > this will depend on the construction of the card..
> I can get enough of a
> > grip on one of mine (but not the other) with my
> fingernails.
>
> Once you get the card out the first time, make a
> little flag with some
> clear tape so you can grab it to pull the card out
> again.
>
> --
> Victor Rehorst - victor_at_newtontalk.net -

=====
Why is that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life
in the universe are pointed away from Earth?
     --Anonymous