Re: [NTLK] [OT] Hacking an Audrey

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 14:35:18 EST

On 04/11/02 14:14, "Glen Warner" <gdwarner_at_mindspring.com> wrote:

> Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net> wrote:
>>

>> on 03/11/02 22:10, David Caolo at dcaolo_at_gis.net wrote:
>>
>>> I've found some great resources for hacking an Audrey. Many sites
> hint at
>>> adding 802.11b functionality, but on one goes into specifics. Has
> anyone
>>> had experience with hacking an Audrey? Anyone try adding wireless
>>> capabilities?
>>
>> Hmmm, don't even know what is an "Audrey"...
>
> Oh, good; thought it was just me.
>
> Of course, I do have a newly 'ex' girlfriend named Audrey, but haven't
> given much thought to any hacking or anything ..... what have you
> heard?

Not much, except is was a prototype from 3com for an internet "appliance"...
Probably not as interesting as your newly "ex". Hmmm, I don't know why, but
Audrey sounds like a so beautiful name... That's probably not your thinking
right now, but I bet she was nevertheless a nice woman, I can't imagine
otherwise with such a beautiful name...

-Laurent.

case and paste n.: [from `cut and paste'] 1. The addition of a new feature
to an existing system by selecting the code from an existing feature and
pasting it in with minor changes. Common in telephony circles because most
operations in a telephone switch are selected using case statements. Leads
to software bloat.