[NTLK] Wow, obsolete unsupported and happy.

From: Martin Joseph (marty_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 21:57:19 EST

Using my unsupported Powercomputing Powertower Pro (G3/420,384M), and
running Ryan Rempel's incredible XpostFacto extensions for Old World
macs and OSX 10.21

Newten (an OSX package installer for those not paying attention) sees
the built in Serial port and downloads packages slowly but steadily, I
did get a time out one time, but I deleted the questionable Icon from
Newt, and reinstalled nSync (see below) package successfully.

I was installing nSync or whatever we call it now for the first time,
nSync also sees the built in serial port and perfectly connected.

Since I was testing with my dormant for a year eMate the clock synching
feature was an extra nice touch.

It synchronized 83 addresses from the emate (which doesn't forget).

I must say I can hardly even believed that these days of slick OSX
software (you guys rule), and really smooth Wireless connectivity(gotta
recharge already), and ATA microdrives....

Wow,
Marty

PS I wonder if Xpostfacto has extra extensions for supporting newer
macs with serial ports? I sure am glad I don't have to pay for that
dang Keyspan dongle.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html