Re: [NTLK] Ethernet on MP130

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 02:02:59 EST

on 04/11/02 21:02, Nolte at nolte_at_xombo.com wrote:

> I'm running a Newton Messagepad 130 and was wondering what my options are
> for ethernet cards, also if there are any 802.11b solutions out there that
> would be greatly epreciated.
> Balicly I'm looking at turning it into a simple web server or something.
> -Nolte
> -Nolte
> Xombo Internetworks
> - Developer
> www.xombo.com

Unfortunately, there aren't much solution for a 130 with an Ethernet card.
The problem is that using Ethernet requires "Newton Internet Enabler v. 2.0"
and that requires Newton OS 2.1. Since your 130 does Newton OS 2.0, it won't
work. Same for 802.11b. Try to see if you could upgrade to a 2x00 or an
eMate.

Sorry...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

geek n.: A person who has chosen concentration rather than conformity; one who pursues skill (especially technical skill) and imagination, not mainstream social acceptance. Geeks usually have a strong case of neophilia. Most geeks are adept with computers and treat hacker as a term of respect, but not all are hackers themselves - and some who are in fact hackers normally call themselves geeks anyway, because they (quite properly) regard `hacker' as a label that should be bestowed by others rather than self-assumed.