Re: [NTLK] NewtSync Public Preview 2 released, TCP/IP support added

From: John Anderson (dearjohn_at_everchanging.com)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 13:01:45 EST

Would be nice, but I'm not gonna go headless for 1.0. For starters,
it's never good to send your computer's password over the Internet in
cleartext, so I'd have to implement SSL on both sides. Ick. For another
reason: I'm going to use Apple Events to communicate with iCal, since
they have no other public API (other than reading the calendar files
directly, which seems bug-prone at best). In order to do this, you have
to have the computer logged in.

Perhaps later on someone can make a headless version, though...

John Anderson
everchanging

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html