[NTLK] Off topic: Driver for scanner for backup Mac

From: Jürgen Rolf Mintert (mintert_at_planet.nl)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 17:26:15 EST

Dear unknown friends,

I work on an iMac with system 10.2 and for some nostalgic and practical
reasons i have an PowerMac 5500/225 fully upgraded to backup my
Newtons. That is my 'Classic' environment. Backing up is no problem,
but as virgin Maria i was gifted with a scanner, called:
EsCom 6000c. On the sticker it says: TAMARACK revisie 3.4 productnr.
ID: TS 6000 ci

So far it is recognised under system 9.1 on the PowerMac in
'Systemprofile', the scanner light is burning and so on.
When i try to scan something in PhotoStudio, the system tells me 'not
enough memory'. I give 5MB to the program but still no work. There is a
TWAIN driver in the system folder, but i don't know if it's the right
one. Searching on the net has no result under TAMARACK (they don't make
scanners anymore and have absolut no drivers for old scanners)
EsCom (has no drivers)
MacDriverMuseum (no scanners listed)
Apple old software (drivers listed for scanner but just Apple......)

so far i'm out of buisness.

If somebody has a driver for that machine i'd like to have it.
If somebody know where to search ferther, i wan't to know.

My spell checker is in Netherlands, so i write as good as i can,
forgive me this.

All answers wil be gladely receved private. I do not want to disturb
the list, but i'm the only Mac user i know personal.

Regards

Jurgen Mintert

mintert_at_planet.nl

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html