Re: [NTLK] Tragedy Struck! And it broke the screen.

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 20:19:53 EST

Thanks again to everyone for the help and suggestions! Things are happier
again here in Stephanie's world.

Data Rescue got me that one...last....backup... then I was able to restore
onto my backup MP2000. However, It wasn't accellerated, didn't have a
flashy light, and had the latest system patch, so I wasn't happy.

After a 2-hour proceedure, I was able to get the screen assembly out of the
MP2000 and install it into the MP2100. I kept the backlight EL panel from
the broken screen, as it was brighter than the intact screen. Now, I have
my beloved MP2100 back and working again. And my backup MP2000 is now a
'for parts' MP2000. It still functions fully, but now it's got the busted
screen.

So....anybody got a spare protective screen door for sale?

Thanks again for the help!

-Stephanie

p.s. Not only was my data intact and all, but even after being taken apart
and all, without power for the whole 2-hour process, when I finaly put the
battery back in, the date was still set and the time was only off by 30
minutes. I really, really love Newton.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html