Re: [NTLK] WALT auction is over.

From: Mike O'Brien (obrien_at_leonardo.net)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 14:52:01 EST

> my comment was meant to address the apparent attitude displayed by the
> guy, in setting a reserve so high that he aced himself out of a rather
> considerable windfall.

        He might not have aced himself out of anything, if he were to go
back and invite the top bidders to buy it at the final auction price.
eBay doubtless forbids this but it happens. That's how I got a Mac from
the set of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", now christened The BuffyBox.

        (I love LA.)

        (ObNewtonContent: I got it partly as Newton support, which is why
I've been whacking so hard on getting NTK running under OS X. I was
interested to see the post from the fellow who said OS X has always had
serial support, but what's missing is the link between Classic and OS X
serial. Discouraging, if true. [Yes, good old TCPSerial, but I'm
looking for a solution that doesn't involve no-name-o third-party
extensions. To my mind, that's 80% of the reason Mac OS 1 through 9 got
a reputation for instability. {FWIW I think the same is true of Windows.}])

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html