Re: [NTLK] "restore" old stuff to a new (different) Newton?

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 02:34:21 EST

Jon Kinney <madsk8er_at_mac.com> wrote:

(*snip*)

> It works great! But I don't want to have to load all those things
> individually again...can I do a backup of my current Newton and
"restore" it
> to my new one that I'll have Saturday? Please let me know if any of
this is
> possible.

Well, that one's been answered already, so ....

> I know I'll need the drivers for the PCMCIA Ethernet (currently on
my 2000u)
> for it to work with NCU via AppleTalk...so can I beam the drivers
over...and
> which ones specifically would I need. Thanks,

I have an ethernet card, but there's not enought room on my eMate for
the drivers and the other junque (note the spelling) that's already on
there ... so I can't really tell you what to do here.

Fortunately, these guys can:

http://www.newtenlightment.de/support.html

http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet

Now that I have this nifty upgraded 2000, I will install the ethernet
drivers and etc. on it -- once I have another ATA memory card to store
it all on ....

(*snip*)

> Jon

--gdw