[NTLK] [OT]Rant (Warning!)

From: Joseph Lax (josephlax_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 11:02:59 EST

MJ, Please speak for yourself. I can handle the off-topic stuff just fine.
Filter it out, or scroll past it if you are on the digest. I am of the
opinion that discussion about phones and computers that are used to interface
with Apple Message Pads, Emate 300, or any other device that is related to
Apple Newton technology is fine for this list. It is my perception that, at
the very least, the mac hardware & software discussion indirectly relates to
the use of the older mac hardware to support continued use of the Newton
technology. What's the harm?

One helpful idea to help filtering is to use (OT) in the subject line of the
message if it is off-topic. I consider your rant more off-topic than the
stuff you are complaining about. I consider this reply off-topic as well.

I sincerely think your offer to help with Mac questions is great.

JL

From: Martin Joseph
Begin Rant.

Ok, I am a dyed in the wool Mac guy, I have been one since 1984.

This list is for NEWTON TALK. I know many of you are mac users, who
are looking for help with Mac or just want to chat about your macs.

This is not the proper place for it. I assure you that the PC users
here are less then interested in reading about your quadra video
upgrades and Mac 8.6 issues.

This list generates a lot of traffic and it takes enough time just to
read through the Newton stuff without the off topic mac stuff too.

End Rant.

Anyone who has Mac problems, or just wants to chat, there are many mac
lists and groups for those purposes.

If you have a particular mac technical problem, feel free to email me
off list as I have been fixing and upgrading them since 1985, and would
love to try and help.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html