Re: [NTLK] Curious

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 18:13:22 EST

------------------
>I hate to admit it, but I'm back to using my Palm Vx and I've all but
>shelved my 2100. The biggest reason is that I'm completely PDA
>dependent, I can't stand to not have it with me, and the Palm's size is
better.

So am I. 90% of personal and business use is based on Newtons. The size
is obtrusive but always less than a laptop and has a workable screen.
------------------
 The 2nd biggest reason is that the screen on the Newton sucks
>compared to the Palm's. I really wish there were some way to have the
Newton OS on a Palm sized/screened device.

Not fair to compare a 5+ year old screen to a current screen. However
other newtoneers are making alternate screens available. Newton Inc. *was*
to release a half-screen but was reabsorbed before it got done.
------------------
>So now that I've given up on carrying the Newton, I was wondering how many
of you carry the Newton with you practically everywhere, and if so, what do
you carry it in?

Around sensitive areas, I uee a Glove.
Around tye house, school, and business I use the holster.
Around business meetings off-premises I use the briefcase.
Always easier than a laptop, more useful than a Palm/PPC.

!ooW %-)
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html