Re: [NTLK] Jaguar, Appletalk, Classic and crossover cable

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 12:52:11 EST

on 08/11/02 21:27, Anton Balaban at anton_at_balaban.ru wrote:

> So, you see that solution is not very elegant. Maybe there are some
> secret terminal or NetInfo commands to make Jaguar not such a smart-ass
> and turn Appletalk in Classic once and forever? Or maybe some other
> tricks to prevent such behavior? Network and Unix guru's are welcome. I
> know that the best solution is to get a cheap hub, but I really don't
> need it at my desktop, it's already stuffed enough with Newtons,
> wallwarts, speakers, batteries and so on.

Strange because this hasn't been my experience with Classic under Jaguar. I
just launch NCU, then go on my Newton with the Dock and hit connect. It
works all the time, both from my PowerBook G3 and my B&W G4.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

featurectomy /fee`ch*r-ek't*-mee/ n.: The act of removing a feature from a program. Featurectomies come in two flavors, the `righteous' and the `reluctant'. Righteous featurectomies are performed because the remover believes the program would be more elegant without the feature, or there is already an equivalent and better way to achieve the same end. (Doing so is not quite the same thing as removing a misfeature.) Reluctant featurectomies are performed to satisfy some external constraint such as code size or execution speed.