Re: [NTLK] Generic AC adapter

From: Conner Hagan (Conner.Hagan_at_ttu.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 23:02:17 EST

I didn't want to drop a bunch of money on an Apple power supply for my
Newton either. Instead, I used an LM-317 to regulate a cheap brick.

I was surprised to find my Newton is unhappy with 7.5V. I got a little
error dialog that said something like "This power adaptor is supplying
too much voltage and cannot be used with this newton."

She seems very happy at about 6.3V (regulated voltage, current limited
at 1.2A).

She charges my 1800mAh NiMH's (from a different frankenstein-ation)
quickly.

--Conner

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html