Re: [NTLK] WaveLan and EnRoute, a match made in heaven

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 23:55:04 EST

Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net> wrote:

(*snip*)

>> Any way, it works great from here at home, but if I try to send
mail from
>> any place else, earthlink's SMTP Server won't allow it. Does anyone
know
>> how to set up SMTP authentication in a Newton mail program?
>
> Unfortunately, no matter how hard you will try, you will never be
able to
> send email via any servers but Earthlink's. Earthlink somehow keeps
you from
> sending email from any servers but their own. You can use use other
email
> addresses, but you must use their servers--at least that was the
situation
> about 15 months ago when I was using Earthlink. I tried to send via
other
> servers (mac.com for instance) but I couldn't. I had to use the
Earthlink
> servers in order to send.

I'm on MindSpring, which was absorbed by EarthLink a few years back.
My actual ISP is Cablespeed.com, and I regularly use my Cablespeed
account to send MindSpring e-mail. I just have the MindSpring account
to use the CableSpeed SMTP server for outgoing mail.

Bearing in mind that I have not set up SimpleMail as yet, perhaps
checking the account preferences might yield something ...(?).

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html