Re: [NTLK] paying for hardware.

From: Martin Joseph (marty_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 03:38:08 EST

> From: "Dr. Faustus" <dr_faustus_at_pcisys.net>
>
> Apple just makes me pay for all sorts of features I don't want. But
> hey, I
> don't pay for hardware anyways...
>
> Andy

The last mac I sprang for was a 512K through the developer discount
program in 1985. I upgraded that machine to 2 meg while lame intel
people were making fun of it for having a mouse, and "cute" graphics
(thanks to Susan Kare)and being "unupgradeable" Ha.

I have three powermacs I've garbage picked, including a powertower pro
and a powermac 8500.

I run OSX on all these boxes now.

Imagine! a state of the art OS running on 7 year old hardware.

Of course if I start adding up the Ram and the G3, G4, ETC... oh and
the Radeon, and the HD's...

My friend Ron Fisher made a statement to me in 1977.
"Personal computers should come with cash drawers built in."

No truer words have ever been spoken.

Oh and I can now sync my Newton to the above boxes wirelessly.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html