Re: [NTLK] From PC to Sloup question...

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 23:03:23 EST

David Orriss Jr wrote:
> OK.. Silly PC to Sloup question... how? What would you use on the PC side
> to send data to the waiting sloup program?

Any terminal emulator will do. All versions of Windows come with
HyperTerminal, a fairly simple terminal emulator. Just configure it to
connect directly to the appropriate serial port, make sure the speed on both
the PC and Newton sides are the same (I run my Sloup connections at 57600 all
the time), and you should be good to go.

Note that Sloup doesn't echo back what you type. But once you get a
connection going (or think you have one), try typing:

Packages
{}
DUMP!

and you should see a list of all your installed packages.

HTH. I've done quite a bit of work with Sloup, so if you've got more
questions, just ask.