Re: [NTLK] receiving word attachments and sending works documents

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 01:45:28 EST

>Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:57:41 +0100
>From: d0pp13r <roman_at_pixell.net>

>im receiving ms word 1-5.xx attachments in the mail all the time. is there a
>clever way to put them away and open in works or avail works? id really love
>to work on simple docs on the newt also.

*rant*

Just another possibility: Teach people not to use .doc. Quite simple,
just do one of the more basic operations, such as opening the
.doc-file with TextEdit, and search for the juicy stuff in all the
resulting garbarge, such as the files location on the sender's
harddrive. Tell the sender about location of his file, and then tell
him that you are *not* the experienced type of person who would be
able to extract much more interesting data from a .doc-file.
People do not care about there files being proprietary and full of
trouble for others, but if they mean trouble for *them* it's all
different instantly, and very easy to move those users to RTF or PDF.

*off rant*

Oliver :/

--
"We Just Bought Congress. Switch To Windows. It's The Law."

www.appleturns.com