[NTLK] Ericsson and GPRS

From: Till (till_k_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 10:39:18 EST

I have acquired an Ericsson R520m, which is capable of GPRS
connections. It should behave like a T39m. Camillus Guhl has
successfully connected via his Sony Ericsson T68i (see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=3Dnewtontalk&m=3D102875729817763&w=3D2 ),
so I think the procedure needs only minor adaptations.
My setup is the same, only the phone is another model. With
Camillus=B4s login script, I get a "CONNECT" from the phone, and it
shows on its display that it=B4s connecting, but to no avail, the
Newton times out after a minute or so. The phone still states that
it=B4s connecting. Not being modem-savvy, I=B4m at a dead end here. I
know for sure that GPRS connections with this phone are working, the
area where I am at has coverage, and the phone has a viable GPRS data
account (the first account in the list; I used atdt*98*1# just like
Camillus). atdt*99*#1 also does not work. Hints, anyone?

Till

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html