Re: [NTLK] What do I do now?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 02:50:22 EST

À (At) 22:50 -0500 11/11/02, Dave Bonhoff écrivait (wrote) :
>MP2000U, 4 MB flash card, lots of packages installed (~300K free
>internally and 10K free on card)
>
>I set my Newt to receive Simple Mail and go to make a coffee. I come
>back to find that Newt has stopped downloading email with an out of
>memory error. I start checking email and deleting unwanted MSG's (most
>of them). After deleting each msg, I get an error message regarding
>storage, 10606 or 10600, I don't remember.

This is the second time I encounter this bug in the NewtonOS built-in
flash memory transactional store engine.

Let me stress it shamelessly a little bit as a transactional store
engine is a rather hard piece of software to test and there are
probably bugs like this one in ATA Support as well.

The cause is that the card went too full. This is bad.
The only way out is to do a brain wipe.

Additionally, there are issues with SimpleMail, and experience shows
that you can avoid them by having a lot of free space on the store
where you receive messages.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/