Re: [NTLK] OT Should I migrate to OSX.2?

From: Martin Joseph (marty_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 02:16:37 EST

On Tuesday, November 12, 2002, at 10:23 PM, Michael Mays wrote:

> OS 10.2 was the biggest hyped-up ripoff I ever spent $70 on.
>
> I got it, expecting that it would be wonderfully easy to plug my Mac
> into=
> the Windows network I have here at home, and that I could start
> sharing=
> files right away like I could with Windows XP.

<snip>

> the=
> promised easy Windows networking (Apple failed). I guess I'll wait
> for=
> the next free update.
>
> Mike

Strangely the windows network support did work for me right out of the
box. I hooked my Girlfriends PB G3 (wallstreet 266) to her corporate
network and voila!

I was pretty amazed.

Maybe now that the Anti-trust case is settled MS will have to actually
document there SMB API's...

Marty

PS sheesh I didn't even mention the Newton in that post!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html