Re: [NTLK] 16022 error.

From: Albrecht Tiefenbacher (tiefenbacher_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 13:27:14 EST

am 13.11.2002 19:04 Uhr schrieb Mark Flisher unter
Mark.Flisher_at_btinternet.com:

> I have just upgraded from NIE 1.1 to 2.0 on my MP2000 (to enable Ethernet
> connection, which works fine. But when I try to e mail use my Psion Gold
> modem with Eudora the connection slip reads "Loading PPP Driver" and then
> quits with a -16022 error.
>
> This also occurs if I try to use NetHopper.
>
> I looked on the FAQ's and the only fix seemed to be to remind the Modem
> Prefs of which card slot will be used. This didn't fix the error.
>
> Any thoughts / help appreciated?
>
> Mark

nie 2.0 gives you a seperate set of modem prefs within each individual
internet-setup. these override thenewt's general modem prefs.
specifiing the modem and selecting the slot from within the internet-setup
you use should make 16022 go away.
worked for me, that is. (i didn't specify the slot though, "default" (or
"standard" in the german OS) made the newton find the modem itself)

a.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html