Re: [NTLK] network browser for newton?

From: Chris Dean (Chris.Dean_at_curtin.edu.au)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 21:34:05 EST

Hi Andrew

You Asked: "I was wondering if there was a network browser for newton like
the chooser that would allow me to find networks with my wavelan card.
thanks in advance."

I reply: I have three Apps that enable you to browse a network.

1. Netnames - enables you to see both Macs and Pc's, file servers, printers,
Apple routers, Macs that have NCU etc.. You can also browse multiple zones.

2. NetTest - enables you to open AppleTalk zones, obtain a Zone list, start,
count and obtain a Name Binding Procol (NBP)list.

3. Network Look - enables you to select a name, plural and NBP Entity and
search for it on an Appletalk zone.

I'm not sure if any of these apps are on UNNA but I would be willing to
upload them if they aren't.

Regards,

Chris

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html