Re: [NTLK] NewtVCN error: GetRawRectN

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 11:03:16 EST

From: Heiko Cultus <heiko.cultus_at_edag.de>

>I have tried NewtVNC over wireless Lan with my Flatpanel-iMac some month ago,
>but the connection wasn't very stable and slow. After the new Release of the
>wLan Driver (0.6) i was able to make my first complete backup of my Newton
>wireless. So i have tried the VNC thing again. On my Mac i have used the
>OSXVNC

I haven't tried the OS X VNC server, but I did try all the classic MacOS
VNC servers, and they are hard to use to test NewtVNC. The classic servers
were so unstable as to be pretty bad all on their own.

The X VNC server surely should be better if there's a good unix port for it
to be based upon; but before you blame NewtVNC I suggest you try and talk
to the X VNC from a known stable Windows VNC client and see how it works
there. Once you know the X VNC is stable or not, you'll know how much of
observed issues might be the fault of the Newton client....

Brian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html