Re: [NTLK] Newton Linux...

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 05:02:16 EST

Jeff Sheldon <jeff_at_jurai.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 brian.tiplady_at_astrazeneca.com wrote:
>
>> But what about doing the same thing at a M$ keynote, would the look
on
>> Bill's face be much different?
>
> I'm going to the TabletPC New Orleans launch this Tuesday.
> I'll be there with my Newton and a handful of questions.

Good ...! Don't forget to ask about that "delete mode" thing (what
were they thinking?)

>> Anything that could piss both of them off would have to be something
>> *really* special...
>
> - Scan meeting area for wireless domains
> - throw a routing wap into a briefcase
> - configure wap to broadcast same network name as M$'s unit
> - resolve all http requests to local briefcased webserver (npds?)
> - watch as the TabletPC "wireless demo" pulls up a
> "Wouldn't you rather use a Newton?" webpage.

You, sir, are a born troublemaker --!

Make sure you tell us how it went, huh? And don't forget to bring a
friend with a camera.

--gdw

> -Jeff

P.S.:

Remember, Jeff: should you or your friends be caught of killed,
Vicktor and the entire NewtonTalk list will disavow any knowledge of
your actions.

Good luck, Jeff.

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html