Re: [NTLK] Holsters: Han Solo

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 20:12:00 EST

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Jeff Sheldon wrote:

> > STICK with the gem holster...PLEASE. 8-)
>
> Don't worry, I've been using that one for a while. It's the best in my
> opinion because it's durable

Woah...thought I cancelled the message. Oh well.

"It's the best in my opinion because it's durable" ...and offers an
opening for a PCMCIA card (wireless). The handstrap's been good to me too
since I tend to grab lots of computer parts and paperwork while doing the
usual support runs in my department.

> I SAY wear what you like when you like. are your daily activities
> motivated by what others think? i would say no or else you wouldnt even
> have the newton anymore.

I was mainly baiting with the Han Solo PDA belt link. I've actually
considered it, but the Newton really is too clunky for holstering. I
don't even like the awkward feel of clipping on my Handspring.

> Well one, you can carry it in back and closer to center. This will at
> least pull your belt down evenly and where the belt has the most
> tension, rather than on the sides where it just wants to pull the belt
> off your waistline.

But then it opens me up to weggies from angst-ridden mathematicians.

> I think get one of the ones that have a shoulder strap! The strap is
> long enough where you can sling it acrossed your chest like Indiana
> Jones so you will still have the Harrison Ford-ness to your look.

That's the version I have, but it didn't come with a shoulder strap
(though it has the rings for one). Preferably I just need a tinier
Newton :)

-Jeff

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html