Re: [NTLK] Progam for showing name / address at startup?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 03:43:58 EST

on 11/15/02 10:14 PM, Frank Gruendel at fg2_at_pda-soft.de wrote:

> This shouldn't be too difficult to implement, however, I'd rather
> not do it if something like this already exists. Does it?
>
> If not, would you regard something like this as useful?

If you turn on the Password in Prefs, when you turn on the Newt, the
password screen shows your name and phone, and the password entry keyboard.
It's not exactly what you want, but it's close. At least they know who the
Newton belongs to. I have my Newt set to ask for the password once a day. I
figure that's often enough so that the finder will see the info. It would be
nice to hack this screen, however, and have a message like you
mentioned--especially the reward part.

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry