Re: [NTLK] Canon portable printer & emate

From: Randy & Cheyanne (charan_at_centurytel.net)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 10:22:42 EST

On Friday, November 15, 2002, at 07:52 PM, Nathan Donato wrote:

> I've always really liked those really small portable
> Canon BubbleJet(tm) printers- Anyone use one of those
> with an eMate or Newton? I know some of the Canons
> have IR and I wonder if there's the eMate could print
> to them using IR.

Hi Nathan,

        I use a BJ85 with my Newton 2100. I never got it's IR to talk to
the newton's IR, properly. It'll print some interesting jibberish but
not what I wanted printed. I bought the print pack II with the cable
that hooks the Newton to the parrell port on the printer. It prints
what I want now. I think I got the print pack for around $25. I see
them on eBay from time to time and I think there's a fairly frequent
poster to this list who sells print packs. You could find him by
searching the archives. I use the same printer via USB with iBook. It's
not particularly fast but my printing needs are pretty light. There are
some Stylewriters or Laserwriters that will talk to Newtons via IR. Hope
that helps.

cheers,
Randy

--
...the only countries in the world, aside from the United States, that
have used the death penalty against juveniles since 1985 are Iraq, Iran,