[NTLK] PhotoShow [was: Re: What are the top 10-15 apps for a 2100?]

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 17:20:56 EST

on 2002/11/17 10:47 AM, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_euronet.nl wrote:

[snip]
> I think your best option is PhotoShow, think it's from ISC software, just do
> a Google search for 'Newton PhotoShow' and it should turn up.
[snip]

Thanks, Robert. I'd never heard of that one. (Turns out it's at
<www.landware.com>.)

If anyone here has used PhotoShow, can you confirm whether the connectivity
software that comes with it (customized version of X-port) will work with
Ethernet on a Mac, and whether it will work in Classic/Jaguar?

The spec sheet says "LocalTalk" is available on Mac, but I think they mean
"AppleTalk" in which case the software should be blissfully ignorant of
whether that's running over LocalTalk or Ethernet cabling, shouldn't it?
(In other words, I think it should work, but since I can't find a demo
version on their site, I don't want to pay money to find out.)

Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html