[NTLK] Speed upgrade and funny lines on screen

From: Jon Kinney (madsk8er_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 01:22:36 EST

Hello I have installed the cheap speed upgrade...the 5 MHz and 3.686 combo
crystals with the switch...it works great and I am really happy with the
speed when upped to nearly 220 mhz...but I have one problem...it works with
the back casing off...but if I put it back on, even just snap it in place,
The switch won't work at the accelerated speed. It gets a black line on the
screen (vertical) and forces me to switch back to the regular speed, which
works flawlessly. So has anyone had this problem before? I re-soldered
everything to make sure the connections were solid and they seem to be. My
next thing to try would be to use 2 new crystals...? But it works with the
back off!!!!! Any ideas? Thanks,

Jon

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html