Re: [NTLK] [OT] Newtonian's first impression of a TabletPC

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 06:21:18 EST

John Skinner <john_at_johnskinner.net> wrote:

> I went to Microsoft=B9s official Tablet PC launch party here in=
 Nashville,
TN
> with my co-network admin (a PC guy who I=B9ve taught about my=
 Newton).

> I took my Newton with me, carrying it in my hand for all to see.

:o)

(*snip*)

> I told the attendant that I preferred my 5 year old method of=
 inputting
> text, and held up my Newton. He looked at it strangely and asked=
 what it
> was.

This is ... somewhat strange! You'd think these folks would've heard=
 of
the Newton -- but then again, I talked to someone at a booth at some=
 PC
showcase once. Turns out she didn't even like computers, let alone=
 know
how to answer questions. In short, these were most likely talking
heads, probably from Marketing.

(*snip*)

> I was happy that I had stolen just a bit of attention away from the=
 whole
> event, and that my Newton was a part of it!

The trick is to have a bunch of people watching you from the audience=
so they can see and understand what the Tablet PC is lacking. :o)

> Sorry for the long post :(

No problem here -- I found it most informative.

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html