Re: [NTLK] NEW THREAD: Aluminum MP2100

From: Basil Selden (chessmaster1984_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 12:19:07 EST

>He's the one that ruined it all, yes. The original idea was brought up by
>one <lemur_at_nyc.rr.com>, after talking to Dave of DaveDesign
><http://www.dave.com/>, the guy who was (at the time) producing the
>aluminium Palm III cases.
>
>> The best assessment was that he was too young and enthusiastic, the worst
>> that he was full of it...
>
>Indeed, after mr. ZACCEO (CEO of ZAC INDUSTRIES or somesuch thing, LOL)
>started blabbering all over the list that he had "taken charge of the
>project" and that all further communication regarding the aluminium Newt
>cases should go through him, the idea died a quick death.

>I can probably offer an explanation why the project never advanced
beyond the concept phase. I had corresponded with the manufacturers of
the aluminum shells (Dave) and was told that a minimun production run of
100 units had to be ordered at a cost of 500 USD. An initial upfront
expense of 50,000 USD is probably why the project came to a grinding halt.

Basil H. Selden

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html