Re: [NTLK] good email client for 040 mac

From: Troy V. Barkmeier (machead_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 18:03:56 EST

Oops - sorry, yeah, what Sushi said. Didn't mean to make it sound like
Emailer doesn't still generally work, and definitely stick with something
you already own and like versus buying something new just for newness'
sake. Kind of like keeping your Newt around even though it's been
unsupported for over 5 years... :)

For me personally, the final nail in Emailer's coffin was that the
drivers for Kensington and Logitech USB "scroll wheel" mice (I tried
both) were hard crashing my Mac about every fifth time I'd try to use the
scroll wheel to scroll down through a message in Emailer 2.0v3. I
eventually trained myself to never use the scroll wheel while in Emailer,
but one day, while proofreading a two-page email that I'd spent an hour
and a half writing, I accidentally brushed the scroll wheel and...

With a heavy heart, I started shopping for a new email client that
afternoon. While it's still not Emailer, PowerMail is the best methadone
I've found thus far. Also, it supports IMAP, which I'm required to use
with my work email account (no POP server).

TVB

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html