Re: [NTLK] TCP/IP Dock-not even trying

From: Ola Widin (EAB) (ola.widin_at_era.ericsson.se)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 10:42:43 EST

Hi,

I'm not really sure that I understand what you mean, since I don't know what the TT's TCP dock is, but:
- is the card recognized by the Newton?
- have you selected the right card in the Internet Setup, or when connecting?

I had some problems getting my 3Com Megahertz CXE589DC-card working - it wasn't recognized by the Newton. Turned out that it didn't work with the patch for the CXE598XX-series card, even though card was marked as such a card.

I was told that selecting the right driver for the 3Com cards could be a pain (due to different branding), so I used ViewFrame and evaluated the GetCardInfo() method, in order to find out what the card actually presented itself as. Lo and behold - it introduced itself as a 3Com 3C589D. After installing the "original" 3C589 patch, it worked nicely.

I just tried using NewtSync over TCP/IP (wonderful piece of software btw) and seleting a different card type, just to see what happened. It just gave up - no error message at all. Maybe that could be why the lights aren't activated - the Newton is trying to use a different card than the one you are using...

Hope it helps.
/Ola Widin

"Boot, you transitorized tormentor! BOOT!"
     - Archibald Asparagus in Veggie Tales 6

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html