[NTLK] How to magically disable web pages features to make them accessible to NewtScape?

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 12:13:04 EST

I would like to know if anyone knows any Macintosh software that could
magically strip off or disable features like CSS, javascript, DHTML,
HTML4.1, from downloaded web pages so that NewtScape can handle them.

I would like to:

1. Download one or more linked web pages (no flash / quicktime /
   streaming/etc... envolved)

2. Use a magical software that could strip off / disable undesired
   technology like css, javascript, DHTML, HTML4.1,... in order to stay only
   with html3.2 strict tags & images

3. Upload pages to Newton.

I know of Acrobat 5.0 which can capture a web site (adjusting/reducing
graphics to 480px wide screen size), make it accessible and save it as HTML
v3.2 w/o CSS. Unfortunatelly, Acrobat's MakeAccessible plug-in is only
available for Windows platform and I "switched" a long long time ago.

I'm open to any other workaround suggestions.

TIA

--lpetroni

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html