Re: [NTLK] How to magically disable web pages features to make them accessible to NewtScape?

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 13:50:44 EST

In a previous message, Andy Collins typed vigorously:

>HTML Tidy may help. I've used it to bug fix my HTML and it's excellent. You
>may be able to get it to strip out stuff.
>
>Check it out at http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

Tidy works great for cleaning up existing markup, but it doesn't have any
options for specifically stripping out CSS, JavaScript, VBScript, DHTML
positioning elements, or any extraneous style, class, id, and js-related
attributes within existing tag pairs.

GoLive and Dreamweaver both have the capability to save out various
levels of HTML and to optionally include platform-specific attributes.
You could suck in a site using Golive or Dreamweaver and then export a
cleaned version in one fell swoop. The problem being is that these are
expensive commercial products.

See, this is why I code everything by hand using BBEdit in the first
place.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/
Online community web site handyman. http://www.newted.net/