[NTLK] NEW THREAD: tibet question

From: Paul Miller (pauljosephmiller_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 15:25:04 EST

Hi All,

I was wondering about Tibet now that I downloaded it
from UNNA. I actually tried using it with my
Quicktake 200 (seems pretty old in comparison to
today's digit cameras but it did match the color of my
TAM). Anyway of course it didn't read. The serial
cable is the same, the camera was in the right mode
(PC mode). The Newton was showing the box with
"waking up the camera" then "communication error". I
tried it with the camera switched to record,
record-fine, and finally play...all without
success...the communication error screen just popped
up faster.
I don't know if anyone has had success or found a
work-around for this camera. You'd think that a
newton would at least talk to an Apple camera from the
same "era"--(I know, I know..it's all about the
programmer).
I'm a little suprised that there is not a camera
selection list or the like in Tibet (at least not in
demo mode). All camera communications can't be the
same but Tibet works on many cameras....hmmm.
Any ideas??
As usual: "Sure would be nice" if it worked.
Thanks,
Paul