Re: [NTLK] Hello list...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 15:11:59 EST

On 20/11/02 13:43, "Clinton T. Yelvington" <cyelving_at_cbu.edu> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I am new to this list. I just purchased a Newton 2100 off of eBay, with a
> dongle, a battery tray, and an AC Adapter. I don't want to come off
> sounding like a newbie, but I was told that this is the best place to go
> to get in touch with fellow Newton users. I already have a friend here by
> the name of Chris Browder (aka KC Bug, iBugv4, etc.) and it was due to his
> encouragement and my fascination with his Newton 2100 that led me to buy
> my own. Needless to say. I haven't even had my Newt for 24 hrs., and I
> already love it to death. Basically, I just wanted to say hello, and I
> hope I can be accepeted by this community. I have been a die-hard mac user
> since Age 13, and I have always been fascinated with the Newton to some
> extent.

Welcome to the fold! You're certainly at the right place!

-Laurent.

evil and rude adj.: Both evil and rude, but with the additional connotation
that the rudeness was due to malice rather than incompetence. Thus, for
example: Microsoft's Windows NT is evil because it's a competent
implementation of a bad design; it's rude because it's gratuitously
incompatible with Unix in places where compatibility would have been as easy
and effective to do; but it's evil and rude because the incompatibilities
are apparently there not to fix design bugs in Unix but rather to lock
hapless customers and developers into the Microsoft way. Hackish evil and
rude is close to the mainstream sense of `evil'.