Re: [NTLK] dead 130

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 17:19:25 EST

>I have a NEW Newton 130, and after changing the backup battery and
>putting in four new AA, I cant seem to get it to turn on. I did try
>tripping the reset button, but it didn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

Try what I describe in detail here:

http://www.pda-soft.de/130_disassemble.html

Following these instructions exactly has brought a fair amount of Newtons
back to life. When I say "exactly", I mean exactly.
If after doing this the Newton will still not power on, there is
a hardware problem. Unless the contrast wheel is set to the lowest position and
you have turned all sound off in your preferences, that is.
Mail me privately if you can't resurrect it, I might be able to help you.
But don't get your hopes up too high, 130's frequently die out of the blue
for no apparent reason.

Frank

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html