Re: [NTLK] So I've Got This Dead eMate ....

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 05:48:57 EST

Ok, I had a similar problem with my MP 120, that it used to switch off very
short after switching it on.
The problem occured during loading big packages.
I was able to fix this problem with an extension called FixTrax.

In order to find out if this is your problem as well you can
a) start the Newt without Extensions (after reset) by holding down the pen
in the lower left corner (approx. 2mm from left and lower border)
The Newt should then work normally.
b) if you do not need what was probably installed before you can also do a
brainwipe (holding down reset = power switch until a message appears on the
screen) and then erase everything.
But then the problem might come up later when you have installed once a
bunch of extensions...

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html