Re: [NTLK] html2newt news; font metrics? book.hints?

From: Blair Rosser (newton_at_7thfloormedia.com)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 12:02:23 EST

Not being one to pass up an opportunity to join in a naming game, here's my
entry:

Newtmanteau - from Portmanteau, meaning large leather suitcase. But, I'm
thinking more of the alternate definition related to words (since this is a
'words' app):

"Portmanteau word: A word formed by merging the sounds and meanings of two
different words, as chortle, from chuckle and snort."

Since this is essentially an application designed for munging and porting
words around on the newt, I think this is the *only* name worth considering
;-)

blair

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html