Re: [NTLK] eMate 300 won't dock

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 16:09:49 EST

> I'm having trouble trying to connect my new eMate 300 to my PC
> running Windows XP - it won't dock using NCU or NBU. I have
> tried using that program slowdown.exe, but that doesn't help,

You could try multiple instances of slowdown.exe. I've heard of cases
where the PC was so fast that one wasn't enough. If that doesn't work,
you might want to check the cable. Maybe you have one of these Mac
modem cables. They fit both the Newton and the COM port, but aren't
wired correctly.

Frank

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html